How to Stay Healthy During Picnic Season
So, it's #NationalPicnicMonth and we personally think that you can't go wrong with a good spread. One of our favourite summertime activities is to round up a group of friends, grab a blanket (or two), pitch in to make a smorgasbord of delicious eats for a good old fashioned picnic. Except, sometimes picnics become a free-for-all of junk and processed foods for the sake of convenience.
We've got your best interests in mind, always, and we want to help you enjoy all the fun of a park hangout, without the unnecessary calories & carbs! Here are our tips to stay healthy during picnic season:
- Skip the chips and opt for fresh veggies with or without dip. It keeps things light and nutrient-dense, plus will keep you hydrated in the summer heat.
- Opt for healthier condiments like avocado mayo, dijon mustard, hummus, or natural ketchup for salads and sandwiches.
- Use Keto Buns to prepare burgers or sandwiches. You'll be satiated longer, plus you have yourself a low-carb, healthy, and ACTUALLY delicious option that is waistline-friendly.
- Stay clear of sugary drinks and pack still, carbonated or coconut water. This Spruce it up with some cup lemon or lime. But you will be happy you did after hanging out for a few hours. There is nothing worse than heatstroke!
- Pack lawn games & group activities to keep you active while noshing. It's easy to become sedentary once you've set up shop, but make it fun by packing a frisbee, bocce ball, or a football.
Did you find this helpful? Let us know if you'd like to see more healthy tips from the HQ!